Monday 27 January 2014

Developer Training




Last week I led a training course for the local developers and technicians that will take over the maintenance and future development of iHRIS when VSO are gone. The course was four days and aimed to provide an introduction to working within the iHRIS framework. Documentation for iHRIS is pretty hard to come by; myself and other VSO’s have had to learn most stuff through trial and error so it was very important to me that as part of the course I had written a developers guide that will hopefully prove a useful reference resource when they start making changes.

Each day I introduced a new topic and then walked through practical exercises with the group so they could practise the skills. Despite the occasional internet outage the course went very well on the whole and all the participants were able to pass the final exam I had set with flying colours!

Full pictures available herehttp://flic.kr/s/aHsjRjiWp1


No comments:

Post a Comment